Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Whole School Swimming Sports



Smash! went the clappers. I dived into the pool swimming as hard as I could, no stopping.  It was Monday the 2nd of March and Tauriko School were in action at the Greerton Swimming Pool for the 2015 School Swimming Sports. Yelling, screaming people cheered as the four school houses went head-to-head. Splash, splash the water spun around my head.  Smack!  I crashed into the wall and the woman stopped the timer.  I hopped out of the pool and went back to my seat shivering with elation.
Next to swim was my friend Casey.  Casey looked terrified as she climbed up the starting blocks. The whistle blew, the clapper went and she dived into the water. I  was cheering for her as she sped down the lane, bobbing up and down in a fluid breaststroke motion until she reached the end.  Touching with two hands, she finished her race.  I felt really delighted that Casey had an awesome race. Next race up was backstroke and Jess, Sally and I were in this race. I was so nervous I had butterflies in my stomach. BANG!! the clapper whet. Swimming as fast as I could. Nearly there, nearly there, suddenly I banged my wrist into the wall. With excitement and joy we all hopped out of the pool. I was wondering what place I came.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment